- The courses are open to both singers and instrumentalists. The approach is chiefly oral, vocal, language oriented and practical. Instrumentalists are encouraged to sing first, last and always in order to ‘sing modally through their instruments’.
- The usual languages of instruction are German, Dutch and English.
- Location: the Netherlands, Germany & the Czech Republic.
- Hours: the main ensemble instruction begins at 10:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. More theoretical or private practical instruction begins at 9:30 a.m. and continues after 5:00 p.m.
- The deadline for registration is 3 weeks (MTD and MD) and 4 weeks (PW) before the course. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- An audition is not necessary for the MTD and the MD courses. For the Project Weeks an audition is necessary for anyone not personally known to the instructors. Those living outside The Netherlands may send a recording.
- Instruction fees MTD 2 days = €80; 1 day = €40. Payment in advance is preferred, but may be made upon arrival. PW €160, €80 of which should be paid on confirmation of admittance. In the case of non-attendance one half of the entrance fee must be refunded. These courses require 100% participation. Printed lesson material is to be paid separately upon arrival. MD between €45 and €65. This fee is determined by the teacher and may be paid upon arrival. Auditors: €10 per day. Fees paid in advance are to be paid to Cantus Modalis: Account number: 188.8.131.525 The Hague, The Netherlands IBAN: NL30 ABNA 053.99.63.615 BIC: ABNA NL 2A
- Sleeping accommodation can be requested via Cantus Modalis. However, this is very limited. For those arranging their own accommodation in Tilburg, there are two moderately priced hotels close to the station: Hotel Brasserij Grand Central, Spoorlaan 422, 5038 CG Tilburg, tel. +44 (0)13–5436234, www.hotelcentraltilburg.nl. Het Wapen van Tilburg, Spoorlaan 362, 5083 CD, tel. +44 (0)13–5422692, www.hetwapenvantilburg.nl.